LIFE Climate Action will support projects in the development of innovative ways to respond to the challenges of climate change in Europe.
The Climate Action sub-programme will provide EUR 864 million in co-financing for climate projects between 2014 and 2020.
Its main objectives are to:
- Contribute to the shift towards a low-carbon and climate-resilient economy
- Improve the development, implementation and enforcement of EU climate change policy and legislation
- Support better environmental and climate change governance at all levels
- Support the implementation of the 7th Environment Action Programme
LIFE Climate Action supports public authorities, non-governmental organisations and private actors, especially small and medium-sized enterprises, in implementing low-carbon and adaptation technologies and new methods and approaches.
The sub-programme focuses on three priority areas:
- climate change mitigation;
- climate change adaptation;
- climate governance and information